The ultimate expedition platform.
The Cetus features a shallow 'V' hull and large, rounded chines smoothly transitioning in to a slender bow and stern, allowing it to track well and cover distance comfortably, but also swing around nimbly on edge, all whilst being remarkably stable no matter what the ocean throws at you; if you've ever wondered how your favourite sea kayaking photographer gets such crisp shots whilst on the water, the answer is probably a Cetus.
The hull performance of the Cetus only improves as you load it up, with its 4 hatch configuration enabling the versatile and balanced distribution of gear; pairing this with unparalleled outfitting comfort makes the Cetus the perfect boat in which to discover and fully appreciate the unique environments sea kayaking has to offer, rounding out the day in the tranquillity of a remote camping spot, and having the range and capacity to do it all over again the day after, and for several weeks after that, depending on your ambitions.
- The length and 'shallow V-hull' add up to a fast, efficient boat that won't take any time at all to reach the horizon.
- A fast, efficient sea kayak that makes open water crossings a joy and will have you at the horizon in no time.
- Large, rounded chines provide confidence inspiring stability, and release the bow and stern when edging for compact turns.
- Swede form design, widest section is behind the seat creating a, stable and confidence inspiring platform.
- Length - 541cm
- Width - 54.5cm
- Volume - 332l
- Deck Size - Small
- Performance Kevlar / Diolen - 26kg
- Expedition Diolen - 28kg
- Lightweight Kevlar / Carbon Infusion - 20kg
- Expedition Kevlar / Carbon Infusion - 25kg
- Max Paddler Weight - 115kg
Features and Options
- Hatches Bow, Stern, Day, Mini (optional)
- Control Skeg, Rudder (optional)
- Fully Customisable Visit the P&H Customiser for a full breakdown of available colours and options.
By Philip Clegg
Approaching two decades of working in the sea kayaking industry, Phil can be found on a daily basis coaching and paddling on the coastline of Anglesey. That’s when he’s not travelling the world expeditioning, coaching and testing kit.